The Georgia Chapter of TNC help to identify the states top climate research questions through a state-wide collaborative effort called the Georgia Climate Research Roadmap.
Introduction to nature-based solutions
• Case studies
• Nature-based solutions in a post-disaster environment
• Barriers to implementation
• Potential and innovative funding sources
• Introduction to natural and nature-based solutions
• Approaches, case studies, and resources
• Considering natural and nature-based solutions for redevelopment and recovery
• How these approaches fit into FEMA programs
Goal: Utilize local knowledge and expertise to identify flood prone areas around the rivers in Horry
Outcome: Prioritized list of focus areas and nature based projects to reduce flood potential.
Geoscience Consultants has developed custom Hindcasted Flooding, Risk, and Land Cover maps and information for The Nature Conservancy to support an ongoing project in Horry and Georgetown Counties.